Thread: OPDC 2011 - Maestro of Cacophony

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Structural Design and trial placement of objects...

I figured out how I wanted to lay this out, what scale. Then I hand-drew the walls and floor stepping. The floors look currently very boring, but the colors are just place-holders for what I will hand draw next - looking at the possibilities of mosaics on the floor of the orchestra hall. Then I definitely want to put stone tile of some sort in the main outer chambers. Note the white blank hallway in the center going to the bottom - I plan to place a staircase going down here. On the far left upper center I placed a balcony, but I want to create an ornate rail before I hand-draw that part.

Now I have to consider how this place will be furnished. The two rooms south of the orchestra hall contains the Maestro's study and his bedroom (though why a lich needs a bedroom...?) The two upper left chambers will be storage and a prison cell for potential orchestra members, including someone the party was sent to rescue.

I still plan to create a clarinet player, a flutist and a trumpet player to add to the orchestra. Will probably create ornate comfy chairs to sit in the upper reaches (left side). I need to create and place doors. I might create a dead audience as well - so yeah, lots to do.

The area to the bottom right is where the intended map key will go.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bardic.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	743.8 KB 
ID:	34039
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-02-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations