7 20.59%
  • Trap 96 - by Ravells

6 17.65%
  • How to Catch a Cartographer - by Moutarde

3 8.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** February 2011 Challenge Voting - Map a Trap ***

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I hate challenges like this - too many good entries and not enough votes to cast

So I went for the humour vote this time - and it was STILL a tough choice!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Noob or no I had to vote: the Perpetual Stair reminds me too much of a favourite trap from my own dim and distant gaming days. RotF I would probably give a #2 to if such a vote could be cast. Comedy award for the 96th Trap out of the Ravells stable though! Made me larf so it did.

Blog Entries

I liked Pindercarls map because it was an excellent idea (tho I cant tell how the bottom stair goes back to the top or vice versa) that would be great to role play. I wonder what happens if the party get tired and stop for a rest... well, in any case I also liked the white on blue as well as the font and general style of it. Very nicely done.

Now all I would like to add is this: Ravs, I'm never playing in your dungeons !

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tigon - glad you voted - all are welcome to vote here, noobs and old dogs alike
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Another newb vote here. I have to toss mine to Pindercarl for his perpetual stair. It looks so sharp and easy to read and the gears have so much detail, and I guess I like all of that. I wish I could give another vote out though. Moutarde's map was such a great idea and it was so funny. He gets my "If I only had another vote" vote.
    Some useful cartography facts:
    Circumference (C) of the Earth is about 25,000 miles or 40,000 km.
    Highest point on Earth is 5.5 miles (8.9 km) above sea level (ASL/BSL).
    Lowest point of land on Earth is 1/4 mile (0.4 km) BSL.
    Lowest elevation in the ocean is 6.8 miles (10.9 km) BSL.

And our solar system:
    C of Jupiter = 279,118 miles (449,197 km).
    Highest mountain is Olympus Mons on Mars. It is 16 miles high (24 km) and is the size of Arizona.

Ooh, looks like Pindercarl is going to win this one and that's not surprising the mechanical details and blueprint style is quite lovely.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Good job everybody.

There isn't much because it was made in the vault by the last man as he chronicled his groups final days. I couldn't figure out how to tell that story with the map. I liked the challenge and wanted to give it a shot. (sorry if this is a double post. I tried one and wasn't sure if it posted.)

Im going to have to go with Pin's cause its totally up my ally -- I love the Old timey mechanics , its well though out and it reminds me of my self how Every flight of stairs seems like it goes on for ever ... *tear drop *

Another close one though. All the great talent around here is so much fun to watch.

As for you "noobs" who are voting, thank you all very much. These contests would blow if it was just the same group of folks voting for one another all the time. We need your votes!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Congratulations Pindercarl on your first-ever Gold Compass win!
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast