Thread: A Love Letter to My New Tablet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Took me awhile to set this up. I wanted to try to recreate the effect, so I'd have some idea what I did ;-)

First, I created a bottom layer, 'green', with clouds filter in green and kind of a golden yellowish color. I added about 2% monochromatic gaussian noise to that.

On top of that I added a 'texture' layer. This was basically drawn in in low opacity green. The layer used bevel and emboss with contour and texture.

Next, I added a 'rivers' layer. This was a little more complex. I drew in my rivers on an alpha channel. I used the channel as a selection and ran the clouds filter with a couple shades of blue for the river. This made for a more interesting look than drawing blue lines. I then applied an outer bevel to the river layer. Direction 'down.' After playing around a bit, I also added a satin effect to the layer. That seemed to tone down the color pleasantly. meh...

Finally, I drew in mountains in kind of a golden brown color on a layer called, 'mountains'. I'm so clever with those names heehee Anyway... I used about the same layer effects settings that I did on the 'texture' layer. Inner bevel, smooth, upward, I created a kind of peaky, downward concave contour(on the 'texture' layer, I think, I used a simple linear contour for a more subtle effect).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenBottom.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	2148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textureNE.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	2149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textureWEffOnGreen.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	2150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverMask.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	2151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverNE.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	2152