Thread: When last we left our intrepid band of adventurers.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome! So do you use the Klooge thing to run your campaign online, or is it something for you to use with players present, instead of / along with physical stuff around a table?

Don't sell yourself TOO short with the "no talent" lament. You've been playing or running this game for 17 years - your brain is full of history, action, culture, anecdotes, geography... putting that on paper, or on a screen, would be *easier* with native artistic talent, but if you wanted to do it yourself I bet you a pair of 20-sided dice you could come up with servicable, even enjoyable maps. The brain's already got the data, you "just" need to get it chronicled. There's a gazillion tutorials here, umpteen helpful tutors and critics (the good kind), examples out the wazoo, inspiration galore... I betcha can.

Of course as one interested in commissioning maps, you're welcome "just" as a good reason to do some interesting cartography :-). So no matter what, we're glad you're here.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Thanks everyone,

I can make a passable map if I have to but I find that my players really enjoy me putting more effort into planning the adventures and the campaign than the art work that goes along with it. The same holds true for learning mapping programs, etc. I have been given CC2/3 and Dunjini through the years and never found enough time to get good enough at it.

Klooge is a Virtual Tabletop program, I use to run the game along with all the archives and oral histories from the website. We used to have an even mix of people at the table and people through the Internet but over the last couple of years we have become essentially Internet only. Anyone who is interested in sitting in on a session is free to grab me in IM or email.

As I cruise through the maps here I will be sure to let anyone know if I do use them in the campaign and I will give credit and payment as due.

BOB