Thread: Help: software and methods for quick small towns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Gozdom and welcome to the guild

I'd love to tell you that there is a silver bullet that will do all that you ask. The nearest that I've come to it is software called 'City Generator' (google will take you to the site). But City Generator is expensive and it has high learning curve (knowing how to write code is very, very helpful). City Generator builds 3d models of cities for you.

There is the (free) RPG City Creator (do a search on this site). That has a lots of dials and knobs but it is much easier to use, but it will not produce individual roofs. You will have to draw those in yourself.

I'd be interested to see what others have to say, but I can't think of an easy way to do what you want.

All the best

Ravi.

Guild Novice

Yes I realized this won't be done with a few clicks. That's OK. I already have RPG City Creator and it looks like the most promising candidate with Photoshop effects. (If only RPGCC could use a given landscape and build coastal cities... but I can solve that.) Seems I'll play around with the methods in the Fastest Town and modify them to produce flat tops. I'll also need to dig up a good railway tutorial. A little bit of perspective (as opposed to full top down) would also help, but I fear that would take ages, especially with large buildings.