I am looking for the best set up for making various maps for D&D campaigns. I am thinking about getting CC3, CD3, and DD3, (Campaign Cartographer, City Designer, and Dungeon Designer) but I am unsure as to if this is the best choice. I love the style and feel that they offer, although I don't know if that is something that is readily available through the programs or it I need to work with it extensively to be able to achieve that look. If you look at maps of Fearun (Forgotten Realms) http://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp...aerunlarge.jpg then you can see the type of feel that I am going for. Ideally, I would have a more aged look to the maps, but that requires more expertise than I have now. I have always just drawn my maps up to this point or printed ones that fit my campaign from google, although I am working on making an extensive campaign setting like Forgotten Realms or DragonLance called Auewk-Nea and it requires that I up my game.

Digression of the original question aside, is there anyone who has used these programs that can tell me how user friendly they are? I am a rather quick learner, but I am learning from scratch without even an iota of pc cartography experience. The closest I have ever come to PC cartography is printing large maps, piecing them together, then taping them.