Thread: Newby seeking input

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's a lovely map, but for me, the escarpment symbols clash with the perspective of the rest of the map and they appear to be meant to be viewed from top down but the other symbols are more perspective - which makes the map look a little 'off' to me. I would suggest losing the escarpment symbol and using something else ... maybe little hill symbols instead.

Good eye landorl -- I just spotted the short river myself!

Thanks ravells -- great idea. I'm going to try the hills and see which one I like better. The escarpments don't impact me the way they do you but I'll give it a try.

Post Reminds me of my mountains...

Although these mountains feature less lines, and a soft subtlty with the grey interior lines differ, however... they remind me of my mountain objects from Superstition Valley, in a way. Similar style anyway - much softer though.

Just an observation.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It's a lovely map, but for me, the escarpment symbols clash with the perspective of the rest of the map and they appear to be meant to be viewed from top down but the other symbols are more perspective - which makes the map look a little 'off' to me. I would suggest losing the escarpment symbol and using something else ... maybe little hill symbols instead.
    Or just give the escarpments the same perspective angle... which would probably be easier.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller
    Or just give the escarpments the same perspective angle
    Yes, I think they're designed to be used only one way -- not the way I did!