Not much of an update here from the last one as I'm really kinda struggling with this. This is actually my first non-commission map that isn't to do with the world I created for my story over many years and as such I've found it hard to get in the right mindset to think of towns, cities etc. and where they should go.
I started to draw some in a perspective style but after drawing a tower I'd sit back and stare at it for an hour and wonder where to go next. So to help alleviate that problem I whipped up some quick 2d icons and was able to place them much quicker. These red icons are only temporary, and I do intend to replace them all with perspective markers similar to the few I've done in the SW of the island. I do quite like the look of them though and I think I'll probably use this style on another map.

Not much else to report I guess... added an extract from a poem. Roughed in a few cliffs in one position as a test. Umm... the two labels I added are not final btw, feel free to discount them at your leisure.

Anyhoo... here's where I'm at now...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnknowneLands3.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	36295