Thread: The world of "Sea Of Sand, Castle Of Thought" book.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The world of "Sea Of Sand, Castle Of Thought"

Hello everyone.

I am writing a book and I have decided to share the map of it's world with you. I really don't know when I am going to finish the book, as I write when I have free time during my free time . I am sure about one thing, I am going to finish making maps about the book after I finish writing the book. Each time period will be presented in several styles of maps. As the story and time progress, the world will suffer a lot of wars, destruction and pollution due the human activities, and I want the maps to be able to show that. Thats why they are somehow detailed.

A little info about the world- first of all it is not on a planet and second, it is man made.
    So it is not a sphere and it has no poles, still it has a climate ranging from continental temprate to equatorial, in Earth's standarts of climate.

In the making of the map I am using Photoshop CS5 and Auto Realm for the outline of the continents.
    The terrain is "satellite image" like. Still the map is not like actual satellite image, because this is not my intention.
    The similarities of the continent on the left side with the Americas are intentional.

World Map (before refinements)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myworldGeographic.jpg 
Views:	1982 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	35701

Normal style maps (updated on 8.6.2011)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2AEphy.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	36394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2AEphy2.png 
Views:	309 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	36395
    Last edited by joebg; 06-08-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: update