Thanks for the welcome everyone.

@Mearrin69 - That is the other funny thing, while I am a long time member of the Dundjinni forum, I would not say I am a big user of Dundjinni. While it is a cool program I primarily use it for scale and testing of objects. Any maps that I have done, primarily mini-maps released at the Nook, I have done in Photoshop. I just find it quicker. So I am in 100% agreement that Photoshop is the way. I just need to think of a map, design wise as a whole, and stop sweating the details of its bits and pieces.

@Devinnight - You hit it on the head with the reference to the old maps. I need to learn better balance between map function and my own design. This is something that I also have a tough time with in my objects, leaning more towards unique than general function. Unique is fine, but that means I need a good amount of variants which is something I have only recently started designing in. Your tutorial on your workflow was helpful with that, though discipline wise I am still slow to pick up on it. So far I have planned variants for the last few objects, so we will see how that goes.

Thanks again everyone.

Grey