Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Campaign World

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeerBlue View Post
    is the zip file free to play with...
    edit, I still get a kick out of seeing the way GTS braids the water channels and heaves up the glaciers, pure art.
    Its Neons map of course but i'll keep it up on my site for a short while. The zip is the colour an height data for use with Dragon Flight so you can spin round it in 3D if you want or are able.

The river braids are sometimes quite cool but often there not supposed to be there. That was actually part of the fix applied to try to cut them down a bit more but don't worry, its still producing them in abundance - just a bit too abundant for my liking. What I did was where veg grows it adds a little height so that the water now flows around the veg a bit more. Thats thinning the rivers as the banks grows trees in the really flat flood plains. The problem used to be that when a lake overflowed then it blasted an exit and all the water would run out but the floor of the lake would be dead flat from the sediment build up. Now when new water comes in from the inlet it used to spray all over the flat bed and it would grow trees and stuff there but become patchy as the next bit of water would flood those trees, kill them off and new trees would grow in another equally flat bit and so on. Now where the first trees grow it adds some height there, the next bit of water tries to steer around them and so leaves them in place and then the erosion starts cutting a channel and before you know it, you have a new thinner river appearing on top of the flat flood plain. Much better. Its good to run it up over these new terrains to flush all of these issues out.

dragon flight was just what I had in mind, for the FHCO's to spin about for a look see, especially since old horsehair found a token of one of those old Da Vinci style (I guess) style gliders and has had visions of flight.
    I have let them tool about in Global Mappers 3d view and they quite enjoy it, DF will be way better for them.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

I wasn't tooo worried about the rivers. It IS a place about 2500 miles by 2500 miles after all, kinda like Australia in Scope. It looks cool, and helps me to visualise what the Players can see from certain areas.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Very nice start. You are using FR PRO i presume right? And the globe was made with it also?

THanks

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Yes, other than the nice 3d render Redrobes did for me (thanx again!), I do all my mapping in the profantasy Suite of software.

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

New update of my Campaign map (more to come):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Campaign Island-1.PNG 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	8154  

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

WOW... It's a Pole Spanning Megacontinent!!!
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Actually, the Red Lines depict approximated 30 and 50 degrees north, so, a continent slightly smaller in size of Australia

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

I didn't mean Karhelion, I meant the HUGE one on the world map with the giant (what seems to be Crater) Inland Sea in the middle of it.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Ah Yes, that one. That is kinda cool, I think

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast