Hello! I am looking to hire a cartographer, or possibly several cartographers, to create a world map and some continental maps. You will be mapping moderately realistic territory for a homebrew setting with a wide variety of environments. The world map will need to display continental geography, political boundaries, and possibly a few other items of note. The continental maps need to display numerous and varied geographical features, political boundaries, historical sites, and many cities. In some areas there is an extremely high level of detail which you will need to preserve. Stylistically, all maps will be big, bright, and detailed. Beyond that, they will vary in style. Finally, there needs to be a functionality for updating these maps to reflect fairly common changes in political boundaries and less common geographical changes. How this functionality is implemented is negotiable.

For working with me on this project, I offer the following:
*Flexible deadlines. This project needs to get done sooner than later, but you will be given a reasonable and negotiable amount of time to work on the map(s) and enjoy the creative process.
*Creative opportunities. The world is heavily developed, but at the same time, blank or bland in places. As a cartographer you will have an opportunity to contribute to the design process by adding interesting features to the world at your discretion in consultation with me.
*Recommendations. Although I need to be able to use whatever you make me for my own purposes, I will let you display your creation in your portfolio. I will also give positive written recommendations upon request later.
*Money. I have a very flexible budget and will pay you to work on this project. I will let all interested cartographers name their own price and payment plans.
*Future Work. You will be considered ahead of others for future paid opportunities. You might be updating old pieces, or it might be new work.

If this is a project that interests you, please post a few work samples, a suggested price range/plan, and an email address for me to contact you at. If you have a reference from a past commission I will consider that too. If you are hired I will provide you with more exact specifications. I am looking for people who are cartographers of intermediate to advanced experience, people who are creative, people who are professional, and people who want to make something awesome. That said, I am open minded and will consider anybody.

Thanks!