Thread: Professional Dungeon & Town/Settlement Maps Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Like Mearrin69, I too don't have the time to take another commission, but I had a look at your maps as well. I know that being a publisher can be very tasking to your time, so to add doing your own cartography adds that much more, however, I almost think you'd be better off being an active member of the guild and becoming a better cartographer yourself. Lots of new members that have some skills, after only 3 months are creating masterpieces - I see this happening to your maps, if you spend much time learning the ropes from our tutorials and expert members.

Large settlement maps are a pain in the ass, even for us experts. Combining your hand-drawn style with tips on creating structures, street plans, you should be able to accomplish this yourself in no time.

If time is what you don't have, then continue to look for a freelancer, I'm sure someone will take you up on it.

If you can take the time, I think you are much closer to getting what you want yourself, than relying on a professional.

I'm a game designer/ publisher myself, and I do all my project's maps - it saves me lots of money on freelance commissions, and allows me to fill my adventures to the gills with maps, which by cost alone is impossible to do for publishers who aren't also cartographers.

Just my 2 cents!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-05-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations