Thread: Writers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Kiarelle Alaisdair's Avatar

I love writing And world building. I do both pretty often; what prompted me to join this site was actually working on some maps for a source book I'm making for the world of my novels. The main focus for writing right now is mostly on a trilogy (that started out as one book and just..exploded) titled The Sacred and examining five main characters through curses, leading a rebellion to regain the throne of the Holy Land and sorts of other things. Its been very fun. After I wrote the majority of the rough for the first of the series --80k -- I decided I wanted to get the world fleshed out more to enrich it. So I started doing that, and working here and there on the second one which is about 45k right now. So I edit the first, write on the second, world build, research, ponder. A good world takes so many things! Some I would have never thought about before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarelle Alaisdair View Post
    I love writing And world building. I do both pretty often; what prompted me to join this site was actually working on some maps for a source book I'm making for the world of my novels. The main focus for writing right now is mostly on a trilogy (that started out as one book and just..exploded) titled The Sacred and examining five main characters through curses, leading a rebellion to regain the throne of the Holy Land and sorts of other things. Its been very fun. After I wrote the majority of the rough for the first of the series --80k -- I decided I wanted to get the world fleshed out more to enrich it. So I started doing that, and working here and there on the second one which is about 45k right now. So I edit the first, write on the second, world build, research, ponder. A good world takes so many things! Some I would have never thought about before.
    Good luck on the editing and working on the second. It is hard to decide what you'll use when worldbuilding and what you don't end up using!