I've been developing the setting for my novels for about 7 years, on and off, while working full time and juggling a bunch of other RL responsabilities. About two years ago, my computer crapped out on me, leaving no salvageable data behind and pretty much bringing me back to square one (you know how it is, you always intend to make backups but never get around to it, and the few boxes of hardcopies I had were sadly outdated). I finally got back in the game about 3 months ago, after a yearlong string of personal tragedies that kept me away from the keyboard, and I'm loving every second of it!

I can definitely relate to you Ryan K, because I can't think small either! Whenever I work on one series, I always end up getting ideas for other series that I need to write down immediately so I can flesh them out later. I've come up with 5 or 6 sister series since I started over from scratch, all set in the same world, but with their own individual styles and locations.

Thanks for the tip about fmwriters.com magicalbookworm! I'd never heard of that site before and from what I've seen so far, it looks very interesting!