Thread: Hello all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Post tutorial

I started the tutorial again from scratch and have already run into a problem. I am in the section where I am adding mountain symbols. I selected the 1st mountain in the catalog as they told me, I right clicked and changed the scale to 0.01 which they said would make the mountains the appropriate scale for the for the selected map template. However, after doing that, the mountain is a REALLY tiny dot almost imperceptibly small. Did I do something wrong, or is the tutorial not quite right, or is it supposed to be this small?

2nd question; How do I know the proper size? Is that something you just eyeball? I am using the 100x80 size map the tutorial suggests.

Nevermind #2, I just noticed the sidebar about scaling symbols. It says most symbols should be roughly the width divided by 1000. Which leads me to believe the original scale the tutorial suggests is incorrect. The map is 80x100 so the scale should be 0.1 instead of 0.01.
    Last edited by eleran; 01-28-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: revision

OK, I made tutoruial up to step a person through putting a BMP/PNG image into CC3. It can be found in the Tutorial Section:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...2813#post12813
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Look on the bright side, eleran, you are probably the first person who has made a molehill out of a mountain!

Don't worry too much about what manuals tell you about relative sizes, sizing by eye (which you can do in CC2 and I'm sure in CC3) is probably better.