Thread: A Public Bath

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Nice. I think every city needs a few bath houses...now THAT gives me an idea...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thank you for the kind words. It would be interesting to see what baths you come up with! Could be a nice idea for a light challenge, maybe... but on the other hand it takes quite a lot of reading to get all the rooms in the right position and know which rooms are necessary and so on....

Anyway, in Order to make things a bit clearer, here's a version with labels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	le_terme_etichetta.pdf 
Views:	167 
Size:	5.02 MB 
ID:	34941

I used colours to denote the different parts of the actual bath, namely the women's (red) and men's (blue) bath on the wings and the main bath (violet), which opens for females in the morning and men in the afternoon. The letters show you the purpose of each room, big letters indicating the most important parts:

F = Frigidarium, the cold bath
    T = Tepidarium, the warm bath
    C = Caldarium, the hot bath
    S = Sudatorium, the steam bath
    P = Palaestra, the garden
    D = Destrictarium, the spa
    N = Natatio, the pool
    A = Apodyterium, the dressing room
    E = the entrance

Small letters point to staff rooms, Roman numbers to other public non-bath rooms such as meeting halls or latrines.
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?