Thread: A Public Bath

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm pretty sure that both Roman baths and old Japanese baths were the same. Water was changed frequently. And as stated cleansing oneself before one got in the tub is standard practice with all public baths. I'm not saying the old bath houses were as anticeptic as today, still an idea of clean water was a part of what made public baths safe even in ancient times. Roman baths had a constant influx of water through aqueducts and release of dirty water, even 2000 years ago. Its like saying a public pool is unsafe for the same reasons. I've never heard the rumor that the public bath was the source of spreading disease in any accounts from the days of the Black Plague. Sex was the primary cornerstone of disease spreading then as now, in fact there existed a Syphilis plague that killed more Europeans than any single black plague incident.

I'm just saying public bath's were NOT the places of filth that you suggest. I've never read an account that suggested that was the case.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-09-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations