Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mahdran

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

People here don't hate CC3 - there are a number of Featured Maps done in CC3, so that's just not the case. i'm not a fan of the default style, and mixing and matching style elements is bound to create a bit of a clash of styles. Clercon - good catch on the mountains, I'd missed my mountains in there However I understand that the filesize of the image has meant that you couldn't take it further in CC3. That's a shame as I'd love to see this developed with the power that CC3 has. I'd love to see a single kingdom developed.

For the rivers, I hear that they're 'veins' between the regions. Without knowing what that is, you're inevitably going to get questions. To suspend disbelief we need to know the rules that govern the world. In our world rivers can run north, but they don't run uphill. If I see a river running uphill then I need to know how. And yes, there are maps on here that have branches, and no-one comments on them, but I do try to spot them (and I know others do too).

To take this further, I'd recommend taking a specific region of the map and developing it further. This should allow you to avoid processor limitations and really get to grips with the sheet effects and other powerful functions of CC3. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

What processor issues? I am working on my world now in CC3, and have had not issues (my 3rd map ever made). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRobinson View Post
    What processor issues? I am working on my world now in CC3, and have had not issues (my 3rd map ever made). Thanks
    Bigger CC3 maps (large canvas size and many objects) have a huge impact on the performance you get. Eventually it can even become impossible to continue to work on a map. I have had maps where it took like 15 seconds to load another part of the map, once I clicked the scroll bar. The software tends to crash a lot too under these circumstances. This Mahdran map certainly falls into the huge category, that suffers from performance issues on some computers.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

The thread is now updated with some of Mahdran Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Bigger CC3 maps (large canvas size and many objects) have a huge impact on the performance you get. Eventually it can even become impossible to continue to work on a map. I have had maps where it took like 15 seconds to load another part of the map, once I clicked the scroll bar. The software tends to crash a lot too under these circumstances. This Mahdran map certainly falls into the huge category, that suffers from performance issues on some computers.
    Wow - I have not had any issues yet, and mine will be large and detailed. Is it a software issue or hardware? I have built the landmass, placed mountain ranges, deserts, forests, plains are all marked out and I am adding all the rivers (very tedious) and large bodies of water. I have place the borders of my realms. I still need to finish the rivers, place roads & settlements, and finally do the detail work like placeing trees and such. I also need to add my islands as well. I would hate to go through all this work and have if crash on me. Thanks for the info. :-)

Any comments on the lore it self?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12