Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dasija

Map Dasija

I had been reading the forum for years, looking for inspirations/solutions for my maps, so I decided to post one of mine. I'm more in to modern maps cuz I love country building.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dasija topography 2.png 
Views:	357 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	76226

Welcome to the Guild.

Looking good, nice modern looking map.

Great looking map.

You've managed to emulate a modern look in a lot of details. The colors are spot on, labeling is just fine, composition is spot on and I like your solution for the national borders.
    It's a really excellent piece and it's so worth some reputation, furthermore being the first post! (And extra-furthermore being a style that I like as well).

How did you build this map?

Some aspects that could be improved:

- the orography says "Wilbur" a little bit too loud - you could work your use of Wilbur's tools a little more, varying a bit and sometimes using them in limited areas of the map.
    - some important map info is lacking - stuff such as title and scale (be it a linear scale or a graticule) are must-haves, regional borders are pretty pointless unless you name regions and place/name cities as well.

Thanks guys for kind words!

I generated this map years ago in FT for some on-line contest I'm participating in, and I found recently original file so decided to play with it a little. I'm using mostly Inkscape, as it takes like 2 minutes to draw coastline, borders and other stuff, but terrain is time consuming, and as you noticed I'm doing it in wilbur. It's not really easy program for me, and I'm learning it by just trying different things, but hope I will get somewhere one day. And I think you are right, relief doesn't look perfect that's why I prefer to turn it off like here:

Name:	l81W45F.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	497.1 KB 
ID:	76247

And yeah i forgot about the names of provinces

Name:	ASGBlth.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	678.3 KB 
ID:	76246

Very attractive.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice work, santos- thanks for showing it to us! I'll echo thanks for jumping right in with substantive content - we're eager to see more!

Very good modern style map!

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Nice work, santos- thanks for showing it to us! I'll echo thanks for jumping right in with substantive content - we're eager to see more!
    I was finally able to finish general map, I'm not sure if I like style in 100% but it must stay for now

Name:	Sg5asqz.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	840.6 KB 
ID:	76820

I'd love to see the info from the last map but on that first map.
    That would look quite nice santos. They all look great as it is but I have a love of topography.

Blog Entries

I agree with J.Edward: last map info on first map.
    However, all your work is very nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast