Thread: April Entry: Sea River

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Done

I've decided this is it, a completed encounter scale undersea village map along a deep current at the mouth of a cascading river, perhaps 8 miles from shore in 20+ fathom water depth (80 feet). This would be at more northerly latitudes so no coral reef per se, a temperate maritime climate region above sea level.

I never did figure out who lives here, but you know what? It doesn't matter. It would be up to the game master as who is supposed to live here. No doubt a water breathing humanoid of some sort, as the hovels roughly represent buildings (note: they are roofed in stacked stone, but the interiors are exposed for game use purposes.)

I am sure this village either consists of outcasts from their 'tribe', as they depend on a subsistance lifestyle dependant on the usefulness of various detritus caught in their nets: metal implements attached to wood or other lighter materials, rope, nets, even 'food'. Or this a remote outpost for some distrustful aquatic race. In a way serving as a 'mine' for acquiring 'finished goods' from the surface, especially rich during floods on the surface landmass. Must be a drought though, not much of a catch in the junk pile just above the two hovels on the upper bank of the cut channel.

I've got spears, a net and some tridents populating the residential hovels, noting that the cave belongs to the rude village's leader. The small 3 walled hovel on the lower bank near the cave entrance is probably a stable of sorts. This is really more of a work camp for some aquatic race.
    Either way, the purpose for its being makes sense, is game system neutral, but gridded a 1 inch = 5 foot scale, ready to use as an encounter somewhere along the continental shelf.

Note: the only thing that does not make this map generic, if you look in the center of that cut channel, along the bottom skulks an aboleth...

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea-river-village.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1,014.1 KB 
ID:	35107
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-14-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations