Hi guys, thanks for the welcomes and for getting back to me so quickly. Thanks too for the advice etc. I ponied up the $45 for CC3. Like anything else I found out that finding the right software to use is a compromise. I bought CC3 mainly because I actually like the cartoony map style. Like a few of the people on here I don't particularly like the interface, but once you get used to it it's not so bad. As for the learning curve I do agree that it requires a bit of time and effort to learn, but what doesn't? I've only been using it for a few days now, and I'm no expert, but I think I have many of the basics down. One of the things that I don't like is that it's difficult to select just one entity. Maybe it's just me though. We'll see how I like it in a few weeks and that'll determine if I buy the city maker and dungeon designer. I'm rambling again and I don't want to take up too much of your time so I have just one last thing to ask. Do you have any tips on using CC3? They would be much appreciated

Thanks again,

Frank