Hi Ravells,

I made another post that hasn't yet been approved by a moderator, I guess because it had another link in it? It was to the map demo you mention which wasn't up previously. (if anybody wants to see it go to the development blog on the site.)

The basics of that post was that I realised pretty much what you did, I'm going to use maps in the style that are currently there for world, country and state courtesy of screen shots from a site called Map Box. The regional maps I'm still not sure about, for the Austrailan based maps of zones I'll be using maps from each of the Departments of Main Roads (per the demo).

Also in that post I mentioned that for anyone that is able to contribute to the project I can modify the demo script to display their maps on their site, and can include zoom functionality similar to google maps.

So basically:

World Map: Completed (happy to take a contribution if somebody wants their work on there)
Country Maps: Completed (see above)
State Maps: Completed (see above)
Regional Maps: Not happy with what I got, but useable (contributions welcome)
Zone Maps: Australia is Completed (courtesy of Main Roads Maps)
Town Maps: 0%

I should probably share my intentions for how the game will develop so it doesn't put off potential contributors because it seems like such monumental task.

The materials to produce just one town map (the tiles I'm requesting in my first post) are more than sufficient to produce the entire game. Once I have some town tile contributions and I'm able to set some standard Image sizes all town maps will be procedurally built via .php scripting.
I will be developing a web based editor where people can manually assemble those tiles to more accurately reflect their home town or one that is not yet available to play in and submit them for approval for insertion into the game, or to play as a custom map.
I am considering including some sort of gallery system where anybody can upload maps for states/regions for approval and inclusion where non are currently in place.

So basically I'm trying to put as much control into the players and contributors hands to make a zombie style game they want to play, its all depending on the town tiles at the moment.

There is so much extra "stuff" going on with this project feature wise it's hard to put it all into a forum post (and most of it doesn't relate to cartograpy) but I hope the above info was helpful!

Wek.