Thread: Cad Goleór

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Kaiser MacCleg's Avatar

Pencoed? Glynneath? Caernarfon? I feel right at home.

Looks great. I like the colours you've used. The only thing I might add would be a layer to give a bit of texture to the parchment layer - you can find a tutorial on how to do that here.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser MacCleg View Post
    Pencoed? Glynneath? Caernarfon? I feel right at home.

Looks great. I like the colours you've used. The only thing I might add would be a layer to give a bit of texture to the parchment layer - you can find a tutorial on how to do that here.
    For some reason, my GIMP does not provide me with all features. I have to replace the step which says "Plastic Noise" with Solid Noise, but I think that would work fine. The Lighting . . .

Ok, that's weird. If I put the image through Old Photo, it seems to open up all the grayed out innacessible options. wtf? Ack! GIMP, why are you being so unnecessarily complicated?

I would try to lighten the parchment look myself. Its a bit dark in the middle. It seems to take away from the nice map you drew.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davros View Post
    I would try to lighten the parchment look myself. Its a bit dark in the middle. It seems to take away from the nice map you drew.
    I agree with you. I don't think I can do much on that front with that particular image, but I'm working on a new file that I think will be much better.