I have always been interested in history, and thus the changes it brought to countries and borders... cartography was a kind of necessary side-hobby. I started to make up histories of my own in my early teens, and started to draw simple maps for these worlds as well.

Computers made it possible for me to archive parts of my earlier, crayon-drawn maps, as well as have easily adaptable base maps for new endeavors. The first attempts were made on an Amiga 4000 with Deluxe Paint IV and later ported to MS-DOS PCs. Then real-life came and took its toll and my mapping days were put to the shelf.

The last version of my maps were done with Campaign Cartographer... the original one, 1997. These attempts and the earlier maps were stored on my fabulous new 486er PC... and then slowly forgotten.

About half a year back, I discovered this forum, and my interest in drawing maps was rekindled. I read through various tutorials and admired the great stuff that people produced and published here. I tried a few of these tutorials for myself, and am still slowly... so very slowly... aquiring the lays of GIMP.

But now at last I have managed - after several unsuccessful attempts - to recover my old reference material, and I hope I am able to start anew.