Thread: [CC3] Arnhaal WIP, As well as Lore/Background Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I can't really give you any tips for CC3 since I don't use it, but I will say that I think the shape of your continent is far too square and regular. Nature abhors regular shapes, and this is about as regular a shape as you can get. You need some peninsulas, islands, fjords, something to make the whole thing a bit more irregular in shape.
    I agree. The shape in the first map is far better, and even it could probably use some tweaking so the northern and southern coasts aren't so parallel - I'd suggest having it bulge out around that southern mountain chain. It's rather odd having a mountain chain perpendicular to the coast like that, when it does happen (like with the Urals) the mountains usually hit the coast and then become a chain of islands.

The El-Shahadii also quite the negative stereotype, it rather turns me off the whole thing. I do like your use of the rain shadow however to make the desert.

The map is otherwise quite nice and I'd love to see how that large lake (small sea?) in the west impacts the various nations and peoples.
    Last edited by Hungry Donner; 05-01-2011 at 12:10 AM.