Thread: [CC3] Arnhaal WIP, As well as Lore/Background Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah... I am possibly too ambitious to just sit with a doodle. That said, I do have a rough sketch with some base locations marked. But I am interested in the cartography aspect of it. Just gotta learn.

I think there are a couple of things you can try to make your world a bit more interesting. I have the same problem you do, and It takes me forever to get it right. I also use CC3, and am familiar with its capabilities (as a pure amateur anyway), although there are most people on here are much better at it than I am.

- I would change your fractal lines to have more bends in it. (I forget what the key is, but you can adjust them with a key as your are drawing. This is the time where a more experienced CC3 user would help.

- Sometimes when my map seems to angular or regular, I start doing just random movements with my mouse, and moving it around the map and seeing what comes out. delete, and redo. After a shape seems like it is close to what I want, I delete, and follow along the outline of the old map, but begin making some specific adjustments to get it to where I want.

- definitely add some places where there are peninsulas, islands, and the like

Sorry if my advice is a bit off center, I'm new to the forum and am not used to relating my experiences with maps. I'll go back to CC3 and see if I can't figure out that key.

----- Edit- U use the up and down arrow to control the fractal path. ------
    Last edited by davros; 05-01-2011 at 02:03 PM.