Thread: Andurien WiP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

how did i miss this????

I love the style, it's what I've been trying to emulate for quite some time now

You might also be interested in checking some of the maps by Joann Bleau - **VERY** similar style, I'm pretty sure they were contemporaries. (my brain is out to lunch right now or I'd google-fu my theory)
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 10-11-2011 at 02:56 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    how did i miss this????

I love the style, it's what I've been trying to emulate for quite some time now
    Thank you very much. I admit that your maps in this style - Barovia and Tarantia especially - were a great inspiration for me to try this out.

You might also be interested in checking some of the maps by Joann Bleau - **VERY** similar style, I'm pretty sure they were contemporaries. (my brain is out to lunch right now or I'd google-fu my theory)
    Joan Blaeu was about a century later than Ortelius, though the style is indeed quite similar. More refined in a lot of ways... and in some ways a lot simpler.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1572_Europa_Ortelius.B.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	39103
    This is a part of the Ortelius map of Europe from 1572. I've tried several ways to get the pattern for the sea, without having to draw everything by hand. I guess here I will rather settle for the Blaeu-style.