Thread: WIP: The Harborside Ambush

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info

Here is a quick example of what Geamon was talking about. I took your image added a layer over it and used an airbrush with the following settings to make shadows.
    fuzzy circle 19px
    scale 5.00
    opacity 100.00
    mode normal
    I use black but a darker gray or a very dark blue would also work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Practicing.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	35541
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Well I've started working on a 'new and improved' version of my map that will hopefully start to make things look a little more polished. Below is where I'm at now. I've tried to utilize some of the tricks I've learned regarding using layers and layer masks to make editting much easier as well as giving me 'cheater' ways of accomplishing shadows that are approximately the right shape without having to hand draw them. I'm needing to figure out a better way of doing the dirt atm. Out of curiosity, I've found several repositories of 'seamless textures' out there. I'm having some difficulties finding out how I'm supposed to use them in GIMP. Every time I try to search for information online, I keep running into tutorials about MAKING them rather than USING them lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harborside Ambush fancy WIP.bmp 
Views:	71 
Size:	6.44 MB 
ID:	35973