Thread: Fractal Terrains Image Resolutions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi there,

Has for the export of FT files with a big resolution, I discover that you must have a pretty big computer to do it in 1 shot. I've got a 6 month old computer with 2 gig of memory and to get the good look of my FT map in cc3, I've decide (after many test) to zoom the map and save each zoom windows has an individual file. It gave me 12 files for a total of 70 Mo. Then I use Photoshop to put them together in a png file of 45 Mo that I then import in cc3.
    Here is the link to my map.

Hope It helps you,
    Alucard.
    Last edited by alucard339; 02-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Professional Artist

When I work on my maps, I export images from FT that are 4800 pixels in width. I don't think there's a limit on maximum size, but the larger you go the more time it takes to export.

So whatever resolution you are looking to hit, FT can provide.

-Rob

Guild Novice

Thanks for the responses. It sounds as if this will be a good solution for my campaigns. Thanks for the tips as well

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRob View Post
    When I work on my maps, I export images from FT that are 4800 pixels in width. I don't think there's a limit on maximum size, but the larger you go the more time it takes to export.

So whatever resolution you are looking to hit, FT can provide.

-Rob
    This is not entirely true.. Try exporting at 10000 pixels and a crash happens.. ^^

And the other thing I don't like is that you can't change the JPEG quality when exporting as multiple images so I'm stuck with manual export as several images and then stitching together..
    music is my first love and will always be my last