Well here's an interesting idea. Raysr (Tim Dugger, author of HARP, now developing Novus) posted in a thread I have on RPG.net asking if I could possibly offer Maps as clipart publisher resources for small RPG pubishers who cannot afford traditional cartography commissions. Clipart collections specifically targeting small RPG publishers are available through RPGNow/DriveThruRPG, and 'Clip-Maps' could be something offered as a similar product.

Maps could be available in color, grayscale, b/w, with square, hex and no grid. They shouldn't be labeled, although providing a second version of each map with numbered locations ready for a publisher to create an encounter based on the numbered location in his adventure, would be a nice extra feature for those publishers lacking the skill to label it themselves.

My original plan to create the Tavern collection of hand-drawn maps as a product sold to the public, could simultaneously be sold as a Clip-Map pack too. The public use 'ready to print' version might sell for $3.99, but the same set as a Clip-Map pack might sell for $19.99. I could also require as part of the usage guideline that publishers post links to the printable (or pre-printed) set of Maps from my Gamer Printshop site. Thus publishers push my products through the usage of maps for their products.

Tim Dugger formerly one of the owners of Iron Crown Enterprises commissed me for the regional and encounter maps for his Cyradon setting for HARP. So he's familiar with my cartography.

I thought it was an interesting idea.

Thoughts?

GP