Thread: New Regional Fantasy Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Neat and really nice.
    Definitely love the style.

The only things that bothers me (just a bit, don't be mad at me) are:
    - The small lake, right under "Kellespau". It sticks out. It doesn't reflect the isometric style and attracts the eye too much. Varying the thickness of the line would suffice I guess.
    It's ok with the rivers and the coasts but the lake may be changed a little bit.

- Where is the river that fills up this lake?
    We've got plenty of rivers west of the mountains but nothing East. Looks unbalanced to me.

Just my 2 cents.
    I do love the map and wish I could do the same :/

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Schley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dain View Post
    The only things that bothers me (just a bit, don't be mad at me) are:
    - The small lake, right under "Kellespau". It sticks out. It doesn't reflect the isometric style and attracts the eye too much. Varying the thickness of the line would suffice I guess.
    It's ok with the rivers and the coasts but the lake may be changed a little bit.

- Where is the river that fills up this lake?
    We've got plenty of rivers west of the mountains but nothing East. Looks unbalanced to me.
    :/
    LOL! I would never get mad over honest crtiticisms.

I agree that the lake is a little bland and flat. I guess I was in a rhythm when drawing the shorelines and just continued on with the flattened style when drawing the lake. As for a lack of a river feeding it; I'm sure that there are lots of smaller features and streams that don't appear on the map. Maybe I should have added a tributary, but didn't think to at the time. There wasn't any mention of one in the text, so honestly it may have just slipped between the cracks.