Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 2011 Challenge Entry - Silmencia

man, i hope you can get your file to open again as the start is looking very promising! love the subtle grungy effect. cheers, DJ

Cheers DJ & RJ

I've gone back to an earlier save and downsampled some of the bitmaps and redone all the town labels and forests and some other stuff. Holding the faith with Drawplus but saving a lot more (with incremental saves in case it tries to pull this again).

I'm really beginning to like this map, there's a 'rightness' to it (to me anyway) which I think I've got by pure luck.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render_03.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	35766  

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

glad this is still in progress - looks great, and I love that pentagram compass rose.

Thanks RJ.

I think this is virtually done...may go back and do the mountains again if I have to the time, they look a bit horrid.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	nation_render_05.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	35786  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think the mtns are kick-butt, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Lovely stuff, Ravs.

In fact, I'm kinda glad your program stuffed up on you because I think those redone forests are better than the original. I liked them on the first version but you could definitely see them following the edges of your template. These new ones look fantastic with no sign of the edges.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

lol, thanks Ramah, I used a really grungy splatter brush second time round for the mask which helped, I think. BTW, would it be asking too much if you could make a little Tree Thing logo to pop onto my map? It would be quite a cool way to acknowledge its use on the map itself.

Glad you like the mountains, bigA, I think they go bit squiffy towards the top of the map. Got to finish this by tonight because next couple of weeks are going to be a bit nightmarish. Actually, not bad, finished this map form a standing start within a week which is pretty good for me.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	nation_render_06.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	593.1 KB 
ID:	35803  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    BTW, would it be asking too much if you could make a little Tree Thing logo to pop onto my map? It would be quite a cool way to acknowledge it's use on the map itself.
    Hehe. I could maybe try and rattle something off but I doubt it would be any good. I reckon I suck at logos.

Edit: Anyway, I just noticed you already put a log on your map. That looks fine to me as it is.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is just pure awesomeness, ravells. You're right about it just having that 'rightness' to it - everything balances out and is symmetrical without being obvious, which is pleasing to the eye. I especially like that compass.

I'm just sad there's no more Satrapy of Ketch - I liked that name.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast