Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
making the trees semi transparent was to intended to show the rivers beneath them, otherwise they would have just vanished under the trees and the Tree Thing doesn't allow for such fine control that you can position trees very closely on either side of the river. (probably me not using it right).
Well if you wanted the forest to ignore the area where the river is you would need to alter your template so that the area where the river is remains clear. You would need to give it a little space either side too or the trunks could still be placed so close you couldn't tell the difference. The program views wherever you paint your template as fair game to place a tree trunk. With just the river kept clear those trees that are in front of the river will probably still cover it with their foliage, unless you made a larger gap below the river (again, the program works out where the trunks go and not the top). So to combat this (if you want the river completely uncovered) would be like I say, to make the clear space around the river large below it or to go into the options and check "Strict Template Constraints" (I think) - this will make it so that a tree is only placed if ALL of it is inside the template.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing. I should probably have taken more time to think through what I wanted to say. Hehe.