Thread: May 2011 Challenge Entry - The Western American Empire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Update time. The basic mountain layout is done; to help define them better, I'm going to add some light shadow/crosshatching to them.

I dialed back the ocean quite a bit. Kinda like it better now, but its subject to change.

I also started to play around with some city locations. The capital should be self-evident, and the two other sizes are large and small cities. This is a time where technology has reverted back to 19th century levels (with a few notable exceptions), along with populations. A massive exodus off-world occurred a few centuries back, and plagues, ecological disaster, and massive wars knocked out a whole lot more. So with that in mind, large areas have reverted to wilderness, with the Empire having only nominal control over them. (Think Byzantium's control over southern Spain.)

For labeling, I'm gonna go all out this time. Not only are there going to be a lot of names - cities, regions, natural features, what have you - many of them will be fancy-schmancied with small banners and flourishes, a la Ascension's recent 'practice' map. (Practice. Yeah, right. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WAE4.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	35867