Thread: Torr Elearia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map

So I haven't added to this map in a while. I actually touched up the coastline shortly after Ascension's comment. I then proceeded to add city's and roads, and some place names. Then I hit a road block. I wanted to be specific about the places on this map, however I only have certain regions actually planned out. Additionally from the scale of this map (which I've omitted from my image) I realized one would probably not see many cities, let alone roads. So I wanted to just label the countries. But... I don't have countries sorted out for this entire region, and most of them will be along the coast of large bay. This would give me a map with a region of highly congested text in the center and a lot of empty space elsewhere. Elsewhere being essentially terra incognita. It's not just that I haven't decided what's there it's intended to be unknown territory to the civilized races of this continent. However for me as mapmaker it's not fully terra incognita clearly since I made it and I definitely know where I put the trees.

I plan to start a new map focusing on the cultivated regions around the bay but I don't want to leave this map 'unfinished'. So what's the minimum text, and elements I can add to make this a presentable 'elearia 1.0'? title? scale? border? compass?

Edit:

I added some of the elements I mentioned. It still makes me question what makes a map finished. Is it having names? They don't need borders but sometimes it brings it together. When does a random geographic picture qualify as a map? Anyway... this is 'finished'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eleariamap.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	37479
    Last edited by flocko; 08-02-2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Update