Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May/June 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Luyten 7002 Survey Report

Wip

Update - Re-fabricated the LAPS portion of the map to include more ruins, a few forested area, and a few structures that have remained intact. Admittedly, this portion of the map has been a bit frustrating given the limited space I'm working with, and I'm not sure if the ruins, forests, and intact structures are as clearly visible as they could be. Also re-worded a few things here and there just to get a little more consistency. Finding that I didn't particularly care for the "cross-hairs" used as location markers for the LAPS Operations, I tried something a little different. The new markers could probably be a bit cleaner, but my tired old version of Paintshop Pro is doing the best it can. I've pretty much given up on the idea of including application icons for the various windows as nothing I've come up with so far seems to fit the theme of the map as well as I'd hoped.

With all that said, at this point, unless I come up with any major new ideas for this map, I am going to call it finished, and try to get to work on the story behind the map. Ironically, that story has expanded significantly which, in turn, is forcing me to consider re-visiting this map after the challenge is over with plans for some major expansion. We'll see how that goes.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luyten 7002 WIP 14.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	36203  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    @ Ares69 - The HARS and LAPS Operations are an ongoing process, and this map captures the progress of those operations "in the moment," so those areas that are "in Progress" will remain so.
    I see. And from now on, please try to spell my username right.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This just keeps getting better. And as for the story: Isn't that always the way. One map and your spinning off a whole new project.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123