There had been two more sightings of the small fast vessels that day. Carol Mayer knew she wasn't going to be able to sleep so she stayed on the bridge. The survey computer had been busy during the afternoon and into the night. It had discovered another AOI or Area of Interest. Of course due to the IWSO lockout Mayer and her crew couldn't see just what it was. Mayer imagined it was another city. After all any species advanced enough for spaceflight would be advanced enough to build more than one city. Mayer found herself excited about her job for the first time in years. She was also furious at the IWSO for not letting her do it. She had so many questions. What did they look like? Were they humanoid? How did they perceive the Nebraska? Mayer was forming the impression that who or whatever they were they were just as curious as she was. The IWSO had been silent for almost a day now and Mayer knew that that wasn't good......

Thanks everyone for your comments. As far as the jpeg issue goes I apologize for not understanding and for making a false assumption. I've always saved in jpeg format with the quality slider set to 100% (I use GIMP) I never realized there was a problem (this image is 2000 x 2000). Thanks for the info. Todays update: I wasn't happy with the giant information "balloons" that I had made. they just didn't look right to me. I went back and made them smaller and color coded them depending on what kind of scan was running. I also color coded the text to match. I added some "data" to the reticule (it's just nonsense there for atmosphere).

###LATEST WIP###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNC 201.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	36107