Finally I gotten around to purchasing "The Heroes" by Joe Abercrombie. Read his previous books with great joy and love his gritty world. So opening this new book I look forward to perusing the map that he finally included.
Now he carefully explained to his fans that the reason for there not being any maps in the first trilogy was that he wouldn't settle for a poor map - if there should be a map it should be of high quality. I can only applaud that, while of course missing having a map to guide me to his world. So I was looking forward to an actual map, having only had pieces of a map in his 4th book. So when I look over the map I quickly find some city names, see the stone formation called The Heroes and slowly going over the other details I find something that sores my eyes. His river(s)....

you can see the map here:
http://www.joeabercrombie.com/wordpr...02113-0001.jpg

Knowing only the basis of river movements myself and criticizing a map here and there for river violations I'd like to hear from the true geological experts in here ... he describes the river as flowing towards the swamp area, and the shape of the bends lends me to believe that the two rivers in the bottom of the map is flowing south ... how long can such rivers exist? Long enough for bridges to be built? Of course one could argue that a bridge could be built over a river that is dry most of the year but fills up once in a while...

what do you say guys?