Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Islayander - WIP:Refining a technique

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty awesome Jax. I like the whole thing but the coastlines are a bit "odd" Maybe the colors are too bright?
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Pretty awesome Jax. I like the whole thing but the coastlines are a bit "odd" Maybe the colors are too bright?
    Are you talking about the undersea area or the actual land's edge?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

A modification to the undersea layers as well as some touch ups for waterfalls which I thought were a cool touch. I'm going to use that again in the future I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Islayander.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	525.8 KB 
ID:	36414  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow. That looks amazing. I love your "soft" style. The undersea bits looks much better now and the waterfalls are very nice too. Great job. Have some rep.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Apprentice

I love the style, and textures.
    I am a bit confused about the scale though.... You said it's the same size as Madagaskar, so about 975 mi (1,570 km) long and 355 mi (570 km) wide (which is the size of Madagaskar!). Your island looks alot smaller... maybe 10 km, with 1 dominating mountain in the centre. Theoretically it should be a mountain range, like the alps or Himalayas...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12