Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trakorien - WIP

Absolutely beautiful, and I love the colour palette too. I'm saving this map to my inspiration folder for the colour palette.

cheers

Ravs

The map is really looking better and better. The palette is gorgeous and I really like the feeling of the city icons. The only thing I would suggest is maybe some texture to the glacier on Marjura. At the moment it looks a bit flat. Keep up the good work :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

All I can say is pretty sweet looking.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really nice. My one critique - issue I noticed - is that the shadow of the pack-ice (that is ice right?) makes it look as if it is floating in the air slightly. Really like your overall style.

Hey again!

Told earlier that I was working on a bigger map. Trakorien is a part of the continent Argond. (Trakorien is the four islands in the west).
    The maps are clean with no icons, names or no borders. Just fancy geography

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argond_v2_2_25.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	443.2 KB 
ID:	37534
    Argond - Full Size

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trakorien4_2_50.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	412.3 KB 
ID:	37535
    Trakorien - Full Size

VERY nice Obbehobbe! Is everything hand drawn by you? I see the mountains at least were shaded and colored, so I would guess yes... I am a "bit" turned off by the yellowish swamp color, but even still it's not that big a deal to me. Also, do you plan to add a bit of color to the forests(I think that would be nice.. just a small bit of contrast)? What about the deserts? Do you have any plans to add some type of texture to represent dunes?

My one critique/suggestion would be to go back to the hills and add a bit of shading the them also so as to merge with the mountains better(though technically, I guess there might be some suggestions planted in the previous paragraph too).

Looking forward to seeing more!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dig the style very much.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    VERY nice Obbehobbe! Is everything hand drawn by you? I see the mountains at least were shaded and colored, so I would guess yes... I am a "bit" turned off by the yellowish swamp color, but even still it's not that big a deal to me. Also, do you plan to add a bit of color to the forests(I think that would be nice.. just a small bit of contrast)? What about the deserts? Do you have any plans to add some type of texture to represent dunes?

My one critique/suggestion would be to go back to the hills and add a bit of shading the them also so as to merge with the mountains better(though technically, I guess there might be some suggestions planted in the previous paragraph too).

Looking forward to seeing more!
    Yikes, I knew there was something missing (the deserts). And yeah, I think I agree that the swamp looks to yellowish. Also a faded green color on the forest would be a good idea. Thanks!

This was a while ago.The maps are completed and have been printed.

This is the big continent called Argond. Original is in A1

And this is the detailed map of Trakorien. The original is in A1 format.

And this is the company "Fria Ligan" in Sweden, making the maps ready for delivery.

Wow, i love the Argond map. Very nice!
    Is this part of the map of the Altor worldmap? I really wish that i'd be able to read swedish!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast