Thread: The Spear - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks very cool... great idea with the pillar - looking forward to seing it progress
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Wip Update: The Spear - WIP

Progress thus far ^.^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheSpear_halfway.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	36312

Spent a fair amount of time trying to kill triangles, for some bizarre reason they just kept popping up when I wasn’t paying attention.

The extra-wide streets that loop together are large processional routes for pilgrims and festivals; each reddish building represents a temple of the five main deities with the Spear temple as the focal point in that loop.

As the district representing power and wealth, the western side of the city is more spacious than the east, which is very cramped and built up. Green spaces are also considered to be a luxury in this arid setting and therefore feature more in the west than east.

The funny cog-wheel thingy’s at the northern point are the ‘water mills’ which pull water up from the canyon river.

Texturing the canyons and cliffs is the next big challenge!