Thanks for the compliments folks, they mean a lot.

I'm taking a step backwards, to recreate the planet views with a new center for better scenery. I'm also experimenting with creating better cloud cover for the visible light view. The clouds I've generated actually look pretty good to my uneducated eye.

The steps I took, in PS:
- Create a new cloud layer, and Render/Clouds to fill it. Set the layer to Screen.
- Transform the layer, and set the Width to 250%.
- Add a layer mask, fill it with Render/Clouds, and transform the mask the same way.

- Create two more Cloud layers, press Ctrl-G to have them affect only the main Cloud layer.
- Fill both layers with Render/Clouds, and fill their layer masks with clouds also.
- Transform one of the Cloud layers and set the width to 150%. Do the same to its layer mask.

- Apply the Layer Masks to all 3 cloud layers.

You now have 3 cloud layers, 1 main one and 2 sub-layers. Change the order of the sub-layers and play with the layer settings to see what looks best. Maybe the 150% layer should Multiply, while the 100% layer Screens, or vice-versa. Color Burn and Hard Light also have strong effects.

I haven't gotten far enough yet to post any screens of it, but I wanted to write down the process before I forgot it.