Foof. Real life really cuts into the time I can spend mapping.

Since there's no real way of automatically converting a planetary image into the compound vision short of manually copying and pasting everything one hex at a time, it's not something I want to do more than once, so I have to make sure I have all my planetary views completed first. For the moment I think what I've got is good enough, although I'll think about it some more. Past midnight like this I might not be using my best judgement.

I still need to build the background starfield, which I also have to have finished before I convert.

I have 5 planet views - visible light, elevation (white), temperature (red), rainfall/humidity (blue), and vegetation (green). The concept is that the Giant Voracious Space Dragonfly (From Space!) is looking for planets with plenty of plant biomass to consume. It has eye cells that sees 3 different wavelengths (white, red, blue), which it combines to make the green, which points out where the most plantmass to consume is. And yes, the green layer is calculated from the other 3, although I probably could have used the Image Climate function from FT to do the same thing.

Oh, and it is intentional that none of the views but Visible has the shadow, clouds or sunlight. Those views don't use the visible light spectrum and therefore can't see any of that.

There are going to be a few eye cells that see the visible light spectrum though, which is why I went ahead and made one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elevation.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	36304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainfall.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	36305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temperature.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	36306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vegetation.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	36307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Visible.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	36309