Thread: Kinogasa Village/Temple/Shrine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kinogasa village/shrine/tmeple

The Village of Kinogasa lies in the central part of the Onari Province, western Anshu, the Empire of Kaidan. This is a small farming village with a famous Yokinto Shrine (upper left corner) that an annual rice planting festival is based around. Ninety years ago, a cleric of this shrine began a rebellion against the empire and the state religion of Zaoism. Eventually put to a stop, the cleric was executed, but the Imperial Court established a Zao Temple and sohei monastery to better control the villagers and watch for possible treason.

This map will be used for a Convention Game one-shot being run by Jonathan McAnulty the author/lead designer of my 3 part introductory adventure arc for the Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting. The adventure is called "The Tolling of Tears".

The hand-drawn portion of the map was created using a pen onto 18" x 24" tracing paper, scanned at 200 ppi on my large format Kip 2053 scanner/printer, imported to Xara Xtreme Pro 4, then finished with colors, beveled shapes, drop shadows and labeling.

Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kinogasa-map.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	656.8 KB 
ID:	36345
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 06-06-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice tidy looking village map Game-printer.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Nice.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Yay for more eastern themed maps. Love it!