Thanks for he comments, and I'm glad that you like the map.

Kozaim - I really wish I had the time to make a tutorial. But at the moment that wont happen, unfortunately. On my blog I´ve written a post about how I try to think when I'm mapping if you're interested. Not so much technical info but more of a philosophical

laecex_esre - Well the coastline kind of just ended up that way in the beginning. The map is actually a zoomed in version from my Etrakien map, so that is part of the reason. Then I thought that it kind of looked a bit hand drawn so I kept it the way it was.

gwiley - The idea of putting in days as a distance came from an article I read about old maps and travel. Usually people had no clue of the actual distance and more reffered to how many days it took to travel. Because of this here in sweden a mile (today 10 km) could vary in distance. Usually you said that you could travel say a mile a day. So you travelled a mile a day but if you travelled in a forest you came a shorter distance then if you travelled on a plain. So a mile ended up being different in different parts of sweden (where I live) depending on the landscape. The scale in the map is a way of trying to put that into the map. I'm glad you like it.