Thread: Real life devolopment - castle/fortress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks so much for the speedy replays.

I kind of got hooked to this website for past hour. Some of the stuff you guys create/post is just.. unbelievable. I started to draw one out myself using my business card & a quarter. Took me twenty five minutes to get part of the outer wall (while somewhat copying somebody's design).

My boss is one of those guys where he gets a basic idea and demands we/me expands on it and deals with all the finer details (and he better like what we come up with). I assume that he plans on opening it up for tourists and events. I assume he wants it to look like an olden day castle with *some* fake canons and what not. Yet overall just the nice walls and views with a nice courtyard.

What i mapped out was. Basically, the four corners are circles which would be towers which people could go onto and overlook the city/town. Then a basic entrance with two towers next to the door (sort of like the Windsor Castle entrance).

For the inside; just thinking and trying to map it out quickly to have something down incase he asks for what i have so far. I am maybe at the end of the castle (by the back wall) would be a dining hall for inside events with a few big rooms and on the sides of the buildings just just interesting artifacts like torches and armor. And then in the courtyard a nice big field where a tent could be placed and just around it some nice gardens and fountains.

Not sure what to put on the second floor (maybe third?) maybe a few bedrooms on the second and a kitchen with a dining room and game room maybe. Sort of like a house inside the castle incase somebody wants to rent it out for the weekend.

Third floor i have no idea.. maybe some offices and more just artifacts.

Not sure if there should be a basement/dungeon.. i am thinking yes because during halloween you could turn it into a haunted house. So maybe a jail-like dungeon?

I really have no experience in this type of stuff; but because my boss thinks i'm creative (because i created a nice birthday card for him) he assumes i am the right man for the job. So i would love *all* your suggestions!

My plan is sort of make a list of a basic sketch *super basic* with some things i would like (i.e. "5000 sq for party tent") and then hand it over to the experts and let them take it on from there.

@rav, i really don't want/have the time to read a whole book on this; i have been reading some wikipedia articles and what not and trying to educate myself but i think a book is a bit *too* much. Thanks so much though!
    Last edited by anonymousfromyou; 06-13-2011 at 03:51 AM.