Thread: Loftwick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Thanx, I could never find a map reference to what loftwick's layout might be, so its all from the dark recesses of my mind. The setting was current to present CY, that is after the Giants ransacked Geoff and made a run at the Freehold. The year and campaign to date was the only guidelines, so it was all pretty much from scratch. City maps are both fun and painful at the same time, very time consuming, or at least this one was.

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    City maps are both fun and painful at the same time, very time consuming, or at least this one was.
    Yes, I agree 100%. This is exactly why I myself spent so much time trying to streamline the creation process for myself--if I hadn't then I would almost never be making city maps, as they were too exhausting. But now that I have done the leg work I can create them in a few hours vs. days.

I'd imagine CC makes the process easier, right? (I use Photoshop)
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Yes, CC does have quite a few little tools that make the process easier, unfortunately I usually discover those after I've done a bunch of needless work... but chalk it up to experience eh?

I just found that I had Photoshop CS2 on here, and i'm having some fun with it, as well as seeing how great a map making utility it can be... I've had experience with PSP and some of the functions work the same (mask, raster, layers.. etc) but I feel it may be quite some time before I can make any useful or decent map with it...

Ah, great. Be sure to check out the tutorials here at the Guild--there are some really good tuts/walk-thrus/links/resources for PS.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Thanks, have been checking those out as a matter of fact... PS is going to seriously enhance my maps and hopefully my mapmaking skills... I even went and ordered a graphic tablet... which I have a good feeling will provide greater precision with PS as well as saving my hand from mouse cramps...

I'm sure I'll have a few questions for you and those avid PS users here at the guild... so fair warning

Guild Journeyer

You'll want to cruise through the tutorials. There's a cubic crapton* of stuff there that you'll love. I know I spent about a month in there when I joined without every posting a word.

*Texas-speak from a lapsed Texan.

Lol.. texas speak eh, my native tongue. I'm fixin' ta grab a whole mess'ah these tutorials an' git'r'done... (btw, I hate that phrase... git'r done... it was funny the first billion times I heard it.. now it's officially annoying.)

I just hope when I get my PS setup with my tablet and get sitiat'd* that I'll be able to make it do what I want it to do... But from the looks of it, most of my questions can be answered in the resource section ...