Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June 2011 Challenge Entry - The Battle of Drakenburg

I could be very wrong but it looks like he may have used a scatter brush and painted a forest texture staight on, kind of like what pasis did in his tutorial. Again, could be wrong. Do you really have to reduce the glass effec ton the button, I only ever though they were too big not too glassy, or is that glossy?

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

The forest texture is similar to Pasis' technique, yes. I used a splatter brush with forest texture, with some rotation and size scattering.

The glass effect will be somewhat reduced, but not too strong. As for the size: maybe the final maps will be smaller, so it is necessary to keep the size to recognize the various symbols.

Regrettably I have to withdraw from this challenge.

My entry surpasses the attachable image size (I cannot reduce the size) and if I read the rules correctly I'm not allowed to post an outgoing link.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I've often had to reduce the quality of the image for my posts.

Have you tried that?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I've often had to reduce the quality of the image for my posts.

Have you tried that?
    Not possible. I have created a flash animation, and it's too large.

you really got me curious about this.... any way it can be allowed to have an entry with an external link? cheers, DJ

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Just post something that fits the forum and then post the link to the flash thing hosted wherever you want. That way we can see the basic image and be reminded of the video.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thank you, guys. I would propose to think about an adaption of the challenge rules for animation or videos as these would probably exceed the attachment size.

Here's my animated Battle of Drakenburg, together with the map.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle of Drakenburg.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	36776  

That's cool Sap...around the middle I thought one of the red circles became blue but I didn't watch it all the way through again because I had no idea how I would let you know where it occurred anyhow. It was the red token that pushed the northernmost archers back behind the wall. I don't know if it changed to a blue token or if another token split but all of a sudden I think I saw a red token replaced by blue. Then again I just watched a long 3d movie and sort of have a bit of a headache....I swear they didn't have the focus right or something.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast