Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 2011 Challenge Entry - Golem Heights

Wow, I love that wall.. Any tips on how to do something like that? Ill be getting my first tablet soon too.
    Also, I must say this is bloody brilliant Ascension!
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 07-02-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The wall I used the pencil tool, 19 pixel hard round, and used the mouse to draw a wall-like thing in black. I then put on a black n white checkerboard pattern overlay, color overlay, brown stroke, and brown drop shadow. Set the fill to zero and reduced opacity of the pattern and color overlays. I couldn't use a stone or blocks pattern as it would have been too small. I made a selection of the wall exterior, made it a path, new layer, then stroked the path with a square hard pencil with like 200% spacing with angle jitter set to direction. Then I erased the bits sticking out beyond the wall and gave the battlements the same layer styles but smaller drop shadow.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12